Description: Life Is Strange is a five part episodic game that sets out to revolutionize story-based choice and consequence games by allowing the player to rewind time and affect the past, present, and future.
BWF role: Porting to mobile platforms from PC/console
Genre: Adventure, Visual novel
Engine: Unreal Engine
Platform: iOS, Android (in progress)
Main challenges faced:
- Simultaneous transferring of ready third-party AAA project from UE3 to UE4, and from PC/Console to mobile devices;
- Tools development for content and logic transferring from the original game to UE4;
- A large number of changes in UE3 brought by the developers of the original game required making drastic changes to many UE4 systems, including change of the render system, lighting, matinee, transferring of the event based game logic management system;
- Usage of all metal RHI features on iOS devices;
- Unique mobile functionality development, such as Imessage stickers, Photomode.